Thursday, March 6, 2008

Trying to Get Fit

Two steps forward, one step back. Like so many other things in life, my fitness progress is not going in a straight line. My enthusiasm got me and I worked out at a hard rate for three in a "row" (one day rest in between each) and now I am paying the price. Aches, sore throat, super tired. I know better. I should have gone medium on my ski. But I would have been almost going backwards and the day was soooo beautiful... Yeah, and I was thinking I was already a cadio rock star. But I am not. Never have been. Working on it, at age 39. Better late than never, right? I used to get bronchitis every year, sometimes twice a year. Usually the outcome of a doomed fitness program. Now I have a heart rate monitor and a wee bit of self awareness. I've been working out somewhat steady for two years, running consistently for three months. I am addicted to my workouts and they make me very happy. Except when I get a little crazy. So will stick with a two-medium-to-one-hard ratio and keep those endorphins rolling. Maybe I'll be that rock star yet.

2 comments:

Asirek said...

Just rereading some of your past blogs (bored on a Friday night), and I just want to say, YOU ARE A ROCK STAR!

Beth Up North said...

Thanks sweetie! You make me smile.