Monday, March 3, 2008

The Beginning






The Beginning

Greetings to any and all Beth up North readers. I have started this blog on a lark today, but have had the idea of a personal web site in mind for a long time. I just didn't want it to be difficult, and this blogging thing seems really easy. I am not great at the web and computers but have some good consultants should I get stuck.

First off, I have no idea who will read this blog. For now it is a secret because I have not even told that husband of mine, Kevin. Being like a cat who has had nine lives I am not sure if I should aim this at my family life (most likely), my work life (mental health can be sooo depressing), my recreational life (much more fun), my business life (being in an Empire and all), or my past life in general (having been varied, exciting, and a learning experience every day). I guess it will be a mix of all the above.

I worry a bit about keeping up and keeping posted, but I suppose that will come as it will. Like I really need another distraction, but this seems it could help keep things closer rather than further. There are so many things going on, this seems a good way to tie it all together.

The details... Well, I don't know how to do pictures yet, or make this look more interesting, but since no one knows about this I guess I am okay. I will decide on a grand opening when I send my blog to my world. I'll just say for now, not yet.

But this is it. My new blog and way of interacting with the world. It is rather exciting to have such a secret. I will do more about me (since it is MY blog) next. Thanks for reading along...



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, my dear friend! I look forward to reading anything you choose to post. I have found the process to be rather therapeutic. Like you, I did not tell anyone about the blog right away - at least until I was comfortable with it. Keep at it - it really looks great!

Beth Up North said...

Hi Shereen,
You are my inspiration. I am glad to know my instinct to hide my blog at first was not so unusual. Maybe like my hound hiding her favorite bones. Thank you for all the inspiration and encouragement.
Hugs,
Beth