Friday, March 28, 2008

A Fitting End

Well, it seems Winter may indeed be finished in the Northland. The ski hill closes in three days, so we took advantage of the warm and sunny weather and got out for a family ski. This was my first time out with the boys and it was GREAT! Kevin has been skiing with Alex all winter, both with the Courage Duluth program and on their own. This was their 16th time out this season. I now realize how much fun I missed out on. Alex was eager to go and had no hesitations on his travels down the hill. Using the nifty tether system keeps him in check but also feeling in control, as well as standing and shifting his weight on his own. He also loves the chair lift, so it all fits together nicely. I have so many great memories from growing up on the ski hills of my home town that it makes me very happy to be starting Alex on a similar road. Now Spring can truly arrive...

No comments: