Monday, March 24, 2008

Oh No!

My lazy butt is now busted. I have Not had my "Grand Opening" yet of my blog, but have leaked the word here and there. I just checked my dear friend Shereen's blog, and there I am on her links section. I'll get you for this, my pretty! Well, actually it is the boot in the butt that I needed. I thought the idea of a blog was cool, and started it under cover, but then started being rather nervous and avoidant of the whole idea. I mean really, would anyone actually want to see what I have to say? And what if they hate me, or like me too much, or think I am weird??? Yeah, maybe I should just quit getting out and just hide in my little house. NOT.

So, here I am with the blank screen again. I am finally over my illness, known as The Grunge in this area. A cold-like, flu-like illness that just seems to hang on forever. I got out of one day of work and then had a few more cruddy days on the job. By the weekend (I usually work seven days at a time) I was feeling good enough to work a double, then worked another at the beginning of my week off. Then came Easter. We went to my Mom's near Minneapolis. She had the place nice and springy with Easter eggs and bunnies all over, and we had a good and mellow visit. Alex loves his Grandma (actually all of his grandparents) and it is a delight to watch that relationship grow. The only weird thing was the 10 inches of snow on the ground, with more coming down every hour. Not very springy outside. Also I discovered the best ever dog park in her town. 7 enclosed acres with a pond, and a pavilion with heat lamp for the two leggers.

And now, spring begins back at home in Duluth. We still have 3 feet of snow in many areas and sheets of ice cover the sidewalks, but the melt is starting. Soon it will be wall to wall mud. But also time to open windows, get out and see the greening, and if I am lucky get out for a little boating. And time to get in the habit of adding to my new blog! Note to self: should really set a date for that grand opening...

No comments: