Monday, October 5, 2009

Film at 11

http://www.fox21online.com/healthreport/duluth-clinic-helps-autistic-children-chttp

Well, I think this will work.  This is a little piece that was done for the news in our area.  Since Alex is such a ham, and loves his acting, we were asked to participate.  It was fun, except for the fact that we had to do it twice.  They lost the first entire interview set and film.  Not sure how that happened, but a few weeks later they sent an entirely new crew to film again.  I would be very curious to compare the two, since I don't think I said the same things at all.  But I'm sure the gist was the same.

I am so indebted to this clinic, I think I would go to the moon for them.  Our fundraiser last month pulled in over $9,400, so I feel like I am helping out even if I was only a little part of it all.  Still could do more, just not sure what.  I do NOT like the way I look or sound on camera, so Hollywood is out unless I get a makeup artist (or 12) and voice coach.  Tahirih is the bomb... maybe we could write a book together or something one of these years.  Perhaps when survival of junior high is imminent.  For now I am just happy to be helping in small ways.

In other news, Alex ate parmesan cheese the other day, without any coercion at all.  I just put it on the table and announced he did not have to eat it because it was for me.  And today he ate two different kinds of pizza.  Also, this morning he woke up and announced that he was a fish, "Bloop, bloop.".  For a kid who ate only bread and pasta and had almost no imagination a year ago, we're doing pretty well.

3 comments:

Anna said...

the segments was great! And, while I sympathize with your not liking to see or hear yourself on film, you looked great and sounded good too!

Binner said...

That was amazing! Alex is amazing! Thanks for posting the link, I'm glad I could watch it! Your family ROCKS Ryper, :-)

Special K said...

Thanks for posting that - finally I get to see my Duluth stalker in the flesh (kind of). Alex is such a cutie.