Thursday, March 31, 2011

Winter into Spring

As winter turns into spring around here, everything seems topsy-turvy.  Letting go of the long winter, and trying to look forward to the spring and summer, has brought on some regrets and much musings.  I regret that I did not embrace the winter fully, even though it was excellent for skiing and outdoor pursuits.  I let my fitness go and am now clawing my way back to where I was last October.  Geez Louise, if only I had just kept going a bit with fitness...  I am in the messy middle of our Financial Peace University class.  Really coming to grips with where we are financially, and all the decisions that have led to this very spot.  Yikes, that is not very fun...  Thinking about our business I consider all that we have not done for that as well; budgeting, planning, and general management.  Sigh....  My work has been particularly challenging lately, as we are chronically short staffed, sometimes three or four short.  And while this has led to good decisions for picking up extra shifts, I have not felt like I have been doing a great job while juggling all the extra duties.  Plus the acuity has been high, and my last shift had me dealing with a violent offender, which is never fun.  Harumpff....  I am looking forward to warm weather and activities, but nervous about the time and skill needed to finally complete the long awaited attic project.  What if I do all my parts wrong... 

That's about it and those are the major brain twisters.  I do always have the blessing to hang on to that my wonderful son Alex is in the best school in the whole universe.  And I am married to a fantastic guy.  And I have some of the best friends in the whole world.  And I can back surf.  Other than that, does the rest really matter?

So I try to hear the regrets, and use them to plan for the future.  Learn from the mistakes and mis-steps, and move on.  It is hard!  But maybe hard work has it's own rewards.  Spring is truly right around the corner, things will green up over the next few weeks, and as the sun gets stronger I will leave these winter blahs behind.  Time to plan the garden, set up a few camping and outdoor adventures, and get to work on that attic...     -Beth out

2 comments:

mamerfitz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Great writing! I want you to follow up to this topic!?!

aromatherapy