Thursday, December 30, 2010

It's A Wrap

 I stole these questions off my friend Kimberly's blog.  Well, I've never actually met her in the real world, but since she is partners with a very dear friend of mine who I do know in the real world I think it all counts.  Anywho, here we go... 


2010
What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before? Walked 60 miles in 3 days, plus 250 in training.  'Nuf said.
Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Can't remember last years, if I find them I will add them.  Making some for next year, to include regular exercise, keeping my place clean (starting Fly Lady on 1/1/11, again), and embracing work.  I know... boring!!
Did anyone close to you die? Thank God, no.
What countries did you visit? Jamaica.  Yep, very lucky, and there was NO hard work involved.  Yes, I am likely to burn in hell.
What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? Fun with power tools.  Time to really build that attic bedroom.
What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?  Ummm, only thing I can think of is January 4.  It really sucked and I ended up in the ER.
What was your biggest achievement of the year? See Question #1. Plus raised over $3,000 for breast cancer research.
What was your biggest failure? No Christmas cards.  Earth-shattering, eh?  Oh, and terrible with Thank You cards.  That one actually is rather earth shattering :o(
Did you suffer illness or injury? Yeah, another year another injury.  January 4 touched off a month in bed with a pinched nerve in my neck.  Damn sledding.  Couldn't even read because I had to be face down. 
What was the best thing you bought?  A tie, the book Deep Economy and the book Framework
Whose behaviour merited celebration? My son, making tons of gains.  And all his teachers and helpers, and especially his little friends.
Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed? Most Republicans; and lazy, shortsighted Democrats that didn't see the steamrollering coming.  Next year is gonna blow.
Where did most of your money go? Savings!!
What did you get really, really, really excited about?  Our little business maturing and taking off, with new art work to boot from a super cool artist.  Had great times with my family of origin this year too.  Super cool!
What song will always remind you of 2010? Theme music from Battlestar Galactica.  Yes, the series has been done for a few years.  Worth the wait.
What do you wish you'd done more of? Camping and blogging and boating.
Did you fall in love in 2010? My son, again.  Husband a close second.
What did you want and get?  To give back my foster dog to her original owners, and their kids.
What did you want and not get?  A new job.  But coming to terms nicely with the current one.  

So, there it is.  The recap.  Am sure I forgot tons and would write it three more different ways on three other days.  C'est la vie, 2011 is coming fast and better done than perfect.  Bon voyage!

No comments: