Thursday, June 17, 2010

Walking on Sunshine

So, I am off a running.  Well, not actually running, or even half-assed running.  I am into my training schedule for walking.  Just completed a nine mile walk along Lake Superior.  Actually reversed the marathon route that will be clogged with runner types in two days.  A nice cool and windy morning with some actual sun, all is going well so far.  This is my biggest day, I did six miles yesterday.  Next week I will do nine miles and nine miles back to back.  I was out for three hours, and this is where the real work begins.  For an hour or two I can amuse myself with my own brain, and my feet and joints don't protest too much.  Past two hours, however, it all becomes a bit more challenging.  I become bored with myself and whatever I am mulling over, and my feets and joints start to comment on things.  Plus I did it all on pavement today.  Pound, pound, pound.  My team that I am walking with at the big event in August are all in the Cities, and I am not great at pre-planning to get friends out there with me.  So I better get more friendly with myself, or prepare for some good fights between my will power and my whining brain.  I suppose this is the time to learn to use the MP3 player.   Overall it is going well.  Four weeks of training down, eight to go.  The final goal is the Three Day Breast Cancer Walk, for sixty total miles.  Guess I'm on my way!

1 comment:

Asirek said...

Way to go. Jingle me up anytime to do some training with you. Any amount of movement will be good for me. Plus I always enjoy your company :)