Thursday, November 6, 2008

Obama Mama

Well, in these dark days of fall, with upcoming snow, freezing cold, and endless nights, at least we have January 20th to look forward to. As a once-upon-a-time world traveler, I feel that my country has finally redeemed itself. Instead of starting another war for oil or military maneuver to protect our international corporate interests, instead being a bastion of isolation and ignoring the planet, we have finally made a bold and bright statement. We have elected an intelligent, well traveled, globally inclined president. A man who puts it all out there, and does NOT say My-way-or-the-highway, but rather, "It is time to work together to be greater than our parts.". A time of hope. A time of brilliance.

And now that we are bound to have some color in the White House, perhaps next this nation will be ready for a female in charge. Hey, I can dream....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wheeee!

Robert said...

Well like the man said, 'Yes we can' so I guess that means I won't die of embarrassment after not writing for so long.

Its funny, the prisons we build for ourselves are more constricting and less 'real' than any physical limitations.

I live in Main now, surf in the ocean and am presently temping for a veterinary supply company. I'm still renting rooms from various crazy roomates. Some things just don't change.

Although this is a post late I'd like to add this to Miss Lucky's memorial

http://picasaweb.google.com/handpaddler/LuckyRypstatKinneyAVeryGoodDog#

Talk to you soon,
Robert

Anonymous said...

...and then 3 or 4 weeks of life happened. Winter, Fur in the house, skool, etc, etc, etc.....

Anonymous said...

....then we got older, and Alex went to college, etc.....