Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fabulous Fourty

Well, looks like I made it. I was a wee bit uncertain last evening when I ended up running through the woods during a thunderstorm, but it all worked out just fine. It was only as I was approaching the granite and white pine (i.e. tall lightning rod) encrusted peak of the ridge that I questioned my safety, but I passed safely and had a riot on the run back down. Through the heavily overgrown snowmobile path that I never take, I got soaked. It was all very amusing since it was nice and warm out. Unfortunately the boys were not home to witness my return. But return I did and rolled right into my fourth decade.

Today I am starting things out right with good company (Kevin and Alex), good coffee, good sentiments from various and sundry dear people in my life, and a few good projects. Will post photos of the new gate entry to our picket kingdom, and the new bird feeding station. The yard is really coming together nicely and it has been a gorgeous day for puttering. Took the hound out to the Hartley woods after taking Alex to preschool, the leaves are beautiful and the sky is a crackin' blue. Nice breeze out too. I am exactly half way through my vacation and an extremely happy camper. Next a fair share of our relatives will be arriving for the weekends big event, our 10th Anniversary and Alex's Baptism. But tonight my buddy Samantha is taking me out for dinner and a movie. Looks like 40 wont be so bad after all.

2 comments:

Special K said...

happy 40th girl ...
k xx

Anonymous said...

Beth! I talked to your husband and sent birthday wishes, albeit late. I am really looking forward to hearing the details about your REALLY BIG weekend. Love you! -Heidi B