Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer and the Blogging is Slow

Hello readers out there. Summer is truly here in the Northland and the living is busy. And the computer is very uncooperative. It does not like any kind of heat and may take 10-15 tries to get started. Then it may quit at any moment. Needless to say I don't always get to try number 15 before I give up. Especially since timing and time management are not my specialties and I am usually cranking up the computer on a whim. I will get more focused soon, but not until I get to Wausau and have an awesome on water time. This little trip of mine is taking all my extra mental energy, after taking care of my little bug and getting myself to work when required. Blog, home, and all other issues (like good cooking, regular gym time, finances, and anything cleaning) have taken a big back seat for now. Alex is doing good, and we actually turned a corner on home life by investing in "Floortime". More on this after next weeks adventure. Kevin is my hero, as ever, for stepping up to let me go for five days. Not sure why I deserve him but will just be happy about the whole situation. I will get to see my sister, my niece and nephew, my mom, and my dear friend Shereen on my trip too so there will be lots to tell. Hopefully the shoulder will hold out and the boat wont sink. I have actually been training so maybe I wont embarrass myself too much. Or that could just be wishful thinking!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your 5 day adventure and race! When you return, we must get the pups out, and Alex too of course. If you need topics with which to blog, I suggest your "collections" and de-clutering!

Anonymous said...

I've been wondering how the de-cluttering has been going...I was in town this weekend for the marathon but was busy with lots of fan/supportive wife/sister/ daughter-in-law duties so it was hard to make the visiting rounds. I'll try to catch you next time though. Good luck on your boating adventure and thanks again for this wonderful procrastination tool.

Beth Up North said...

Yeah, comments!!
Thanks both Kerisa and Anna. Great to hear from each of you, I will fill you in on events after my trip...
Kerisa- see you this afternoon :-)
Anna- see you next time :-) :-)

ps "collections". Hmm, not sure I'm ready to publish that...;-)