Tuesday, December 13, 2011

What the Heck

What the heck should I write about in my Christmas letter?  There are so many options to choose from.  Should I write about everything that has happened in the last year, boring people to death and taking up four pages?  Oh, that would be a problem because I didn't write a letter in '10 so I would have to do Two years and Eight pages.  How about a short and funny poem that encapsulates the whole family?  No, I am just no that talented.  How about writing about the day I write the letter, doing a snapshot of life in our household.  Hmmm, possibly but I can't be sure.  Then there is the question of the tone of the letter.  Light and fluffy, deep and serious, cynical and crass?  Or really confuse them and do some of each.  How about gratitudes?  Gratitudes for hearing returned, learning continued, new jobs, or new wood stoves?  What about horn tooting our collective horns.  There could be business updates, a blerb on volunteer work teaching a financial class, 1000 words about North Shore Community School, or all the hard work our son has done just growing up.  There could also be building project updates, pet updates, and garden updates.  Oh so many options...  I think this year I will go for humor.  The rest can wait.

No comments: